[TYPO3-debian] install fails: typo3-site-installer does not exist in etch (and more)

Bettina König cmsresearch at gmx.net
Mon Jul 16 01:43:35 CEST 2007

Hi,

I just wanted to install typo3 on etch.

I was very happy btw to see that there are t3 packages now in etch
(not following all this things too closely because I just install t3
from time to time for some users...)

Reading /usr/share/doc/typo3/README.Debian.gz I see that there should
be something like typo3-site-installer to help me complete my install
process.

Unfortunately this file does not exist!

locate typo3-site-installer does not show anything (yes, I did
updatedb before)

php is ok, mysql of course also exists...

when I access http//servername/typo3 I get an 500 error

errorlog says:

mod_rewrite: maximum number of internal redirects reached. Assuming
configuration error. Use 'RewriteOptions MaxRedi
rects' to increase the limit if neccessary.

ok, I commented out all the mod_rewrite directions in
/etc/typo3-dummy/apache.conf

then I get accessing http//servername/typo3

Cannot find configuration. This file is probably executed from the
wrong location.

error log says

Symbolic link not allowed: /var/lib/typo3-dummy/typo3/

hmmm, Options +FollowSymLinks is ok in /etc/typo3-dummy.conf

also the link to Options +FollowSymLinks does exist in
/etc/apache/conf.d (still using 1.3 for several reasons)

I changed the apache config to allow the symlink, however the error
about the missing configuration file still exists...

what could I do now to get it running. I really want to stick with the
debian packages!

BTW: I posted this cc to the package maintainer - I think it should
really be fixed.

Thanks for your attention!

Have a nice day!
BK