[TYPO3-debian] package state and future development

Steffen Müller steffen at mail.kommwiss.fu-berlin.de
Fri Jan 5 23:08:38 CET 2007

Hi.

On 05.01.2007 08:41 werner mueller wrote:
> Hallo
>
> an option to choose a different database-backend during installation
> would definitly be some usefull feature.

aptitude -R install typo3

mysql is only recommended package, -R will install typo3
--without-recommends

#man aptitude

> but in my eyes this sould be some selection option during the typo3
> 1-2-3 installer, so every platform gets it?

+1
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Install-Tool_2.0

> and beside everything (other)
> how do i install multiple mysql-dummy packages on the same debian box?
> is there some apt-get option that would allow installation of the same
> debian (dummy) package multiple times? well this might be documented
> somewhere already...

you mean typo3-dummy. I do not see a way for multiple package
installations. But maybe there are?!
In your case I would not use this package at all, but the
dummy-xxx.tar.gz packages from sf.net.
You might of course link typo3_src to /usr/share/typo3/typo3_src-4.0/

--
cheers,
Steffen