[TYPO3-debian] libgd and php4 from dotdeb.org

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Jul 10 12:54:16 CEST 2006

Hi Mathias,

> Installation of typo3 4.0 on my Debian sarge box with php4-backports
> from dotdeb.org went fine so far, the only problem is the libgd support:

Not answering your question since this seems solved already.

I recommend to use either the upstream PHP packages or those from the
following APT source:
deb http://people.debian.org/~dexter/ all sarge

Since this provides fcgi packages it is possible to use PHP4 and PHP5.x at
the same time on the same machine.

If you are interested, I could write an article about how to achieve this.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out