[TYPO3-debian] Debian installation an GIFBUILDER

Alexander Schories alexander at schories.com
Mon Jan 9 15:52:39 CET 2006

Hello Rico,

> I resolved the problem I had with the GIFBUILDER cObject
> It had obviously to do with the imagemagick 6.0.6 thats standard in
> debian/sarge stable
> I upgraded to version 6.2 and then it worked as it should
>
> I hope that helps someone while trying to install typo3 on a
> debian/sarge stable

Thank you for this valueable information!

It will definitely help people - these ImageMagick issues occur from time
to time.

Michael Stucki promotes the use of GraphicsMagick (a port) instead.
However, i currently presume, that GraphicsMagick is available as package
in Sarge or in Debian within the official repository.

Luckily Sven Wilhelm & Michael Stucki packaged it in their repository for
Sarge:

deb http://typo3.sunsite.dk/software/debian/ sarge all
deb-src http://typo3.sunsite.dk/software/debian/ sarge all

Personally i still use the "good old" imagemagick 4.2.9 as binary in a
special location for the use within Typo3. It`s fast and does all even
newer ImageMagick-Versions offer for Typo3 - and it does it absolutely
flawless.

Thanks to Michael Stucki you can grab the binary for this one from here:

http://typo3.sunsite.dk/software/linux/imagemagick-4.2.9_i386-static-3.tar.gz

Thank you once again!

Alexander Schories
Tuebingen, Germany