[TYPO3-debian] mysql-server-5.0 5.0.18-8

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Feb 28 10:34:47 CET 2006

Hi Alexander,

> anybody out there successfully running Typo3 (3.8.1) with mysql-server
> 5.0.18-8 ?
>
> I looked around on the new typo3.org site but haven`t found any precise
> information. Maybe i was to dumb.. :D
>
> Would be great, if somebody here could tell me his/her experience
> regarding mysql 5.0.x with Typo3 3.8.1 (or 4.0.x)!

There are some issues which are charset related and some which are caused by
the default setting of the Windows version of MySQL (don't know if your
server is using the same settings?)

In case you have problems, you should either change the configuration
setting or (if you only want to change it for TYPO3) use a new feature of
TYPO3 4.0.

For further details, have a look at the bugtracker and search for "set
charset".

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out