[TYPO3-debian] Unable to fetch mirrors.xml.gz (was: Re: Kein Update/Download via Extension Manager möglich)

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Thu Aug 24 19:29:58 CEST 2006

Hi Arnd,

> My configuration is a virtual machine with debian etch on a Windows 2003
> Terminal Server. In this network is an ISA-Firewall Server. In the
> Firewall-Log I see the trial of Typo to connect to 217.29.33.146 and to
> fetch the mirrors.xml.gz  which fails.
> Any clues how I could solve this?
> My debian Server is able to get updates via Internet with apt-get, I can
> reach the server from outside the network.......

Maybe you depend on a proxy and apt-get is configured to use one?
If you don't use a proxy and allow_url_fopen is enabled, then you don't need
to use CURL after all!

Does "wget http://typo3.org/index.php" work?

Also notice that after having network problems, you need to restart Apache
to make external connections work again (I sometimes notice this when I'm
offline, plug the network cable and finally try to fetch something via EM).

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out