[TYPO3-debian] typo3 installation on apache2, PHP4 parallel to PHP5

Ute Martens martens at fczb.de
Thu Apr 27 16:43:52 CEST 2006

hi,

I am new to the list and to the subject. for that reason I have to ask some stupid questions:

I have an apache2 server with PHP5 module (PHP5.1.2-1 as dotdeb package with mysql support) and mysql server 4.1. now we need typo3. so far as I know, typo3 needs PHP4 to work properly.

to run PHP4 parallel to PHP5, I have to install PHP4 as cgi. is there a good tutorial available, which decribes how that works? (problem: vhost)

where and how do I have to define, which suffix will be forwarded to which PHP version?

after configuring PHP4 correctly, may I use the "typo3-site-installer" from http://typo3.sunsite.dk/software/debian/ for the typo3 installation on apache2?

is there anything else that have to bear in mind?

thanks a lot for your support.
best regards,
ute
        ,///,,