[Typo3-debian] Typo3.7.0 libpng install error

Chris Van Pelt vanpelt at gmail.com
Wed May 25 01:29:06 CEST 2005

First off, I appologize for such a delayed response.  I moved on from
the original problem and now it has come back to haunt me.  A quick
synopsis is that the typo3 install tool dies with the following
error:

Fatal error: imagecreatefrompng(): gd-png: fatal libpng error:
Incompatible libpng version in application and library in
/var/lib/typo3/typo3_src-3.8.0/typo3/sysext/install/mod/class.tx_install.php
on line 2458

Running:
apt-cache policy libpng-dev libgd2 php4-gd php4-gd2

returns the following and shows me that php4-gd2 is not installed

libpng-dev:
  Installed: 1.2.1-1.1.woody.9
  Candidate: 1.2.1-1.1.woody.9
  Version Table:
 *** 1.2.1-1.1.woody.9 0
        500 http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main Packages
        500 http://mirror.cs.wisc.edu stable/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
libgd2:
  Installed: 2.0.1-10woody2
  Candidate: 2.0.1-10woody2
  Version Table:
 *** 2.0.1-10woody2 0
        500 http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main Packages
        500 http://mirror.cs.wisc.edu stable/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
php4-gd:
  Installed: 4:4.3.8-1.dotdeb.0
  Candidate: 4:4.3.8-1.dotdeb.0
  Version Table:
 *** 4:4.3.8-1.dotdeb.0 0
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     4:4.1.2-7.0.1 0
        500 http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main Packages
        500 http://mirror.cs.wisc.edu stable/main Packages
php4-gd2:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 3:4.1.2-2
  Version Table:
     3:4.1.2-2 0
        500 http://mirror.cs.wisc.edu stable/main Packages

Running:
# apt-get install php4-gd2

Returns the following.

Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  php4-gd2: Depends: zendapi-20010901
E: Sorry, broken packages

zendapi-20010901 is a virtual package, and I can't install it.  On a
side note I have libpng2 installed as well, but I can't get rid of it
without taking out about 20 dependencies.  Any help is much
appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris