[Typo3-debian] Problem removing eaccelerator when using apt-get update - apt-get dist-upgrade

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Mar 22 11:49:52 CET 2005

Hi Jordan,

>> Do you want me to do it for you now? [Y/n]Y
>> /var/lib/dpkg/info/eaccelerator.prerm: line 53: /bin/rm: Argument list
>> too long
>> dpkg: error processing eaccelerator (--purge):
>> subprocess pre-removal script returned error exit status 1 You are
>> installing eAccelerator for php4, but it is not yet enabled in your
>> /etc/php4/apache{,2}/php.ini and/or /etc/php4/cgi/php.ini files.
>
> The script executed is:
> /var/lib/dpkg/info/eaccelerator.prerm
>
> I did the following to remove eaccelerator package:
>
> Open the file as root, go to line 53. There is a simpele rf line that
> fails. The easiest way to fix it was putting a comment tag before the
> line.

Thanks, I didn't know that. (Never had to remove this fine extension,
hehe ;-))

> I did an apt-get update and apt-get dist-upgrade after this and everything
> was working again.
>
> For your information if someone will be facing the same in future.

I have just updated the package on typo3.sunsite.dk. You can now upgrade the
package in order to remove it cleanly ;-)

deb http://typo3.sunsite.dk/software/debian/ sarge all

Cheers, michael
--
Want support? Please read the list rules first: http://typo3.org/1438.0.html