[Typo3-debian] Problems while trying to connect to MySQL after upgrade

Peter Niederlag niederlag at ikd01.de
Sat Mar 19 13:52:16 CET 2005

Hi,

JoH schrieb:
>>from what I can tell you upgraded into sid/unstable. so most likley
>>you will have a hard time downgrading to stable. going back to
>>sarge/testing should be possible without to much hassle.
>

> Well - seems as if it's the best thing to set up a new sarge from scratch.

???
your are windows-user most time, right? ;)

> I checked MySQL via telnet and got some weird cryptic letters.

That's fine, just shows you can connect.

> After fiddling around with different PHP and MySQL versions without success
> I managed to crash the whole system.

fiddling with PHP and MySQL crashed your system? How does that work?
Or do you refer to your LAMP-System solely?

> So I started with the rescue system moved my TYPO3 directories and all DBs
> via FTP to another server and now I will restart with a fresh and clean
> install.

Ok, if that's what makes you happy. ;)

I can't imagine it would be to much of work to get LAMP running up again
on the other box unless you did some really(!) odd things.

Good luck,
Peter
--
Peter Niederlag