[Typo3-debian] Problems while trying to connect to MySQL after upgrade

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Sat Mar 19 13:09:08 CET 2005

Hi Joey,

> Well - seems as if it's the best thing to set up a new sarge from scratch.
> I checked MySQL via telnet and got some weird cryptic letters.
> After fiddling around with different PHP and MySQL versions without
> success I managed to crash the whole system.
>
> So I started with the rescue system moved my TYPO3 directories and all DBs
> via FTP to another server and now I will restart with a fresh and clean
> install.

If you didn't start yet, here is my suggestion:

Let's try again to upgrade/downgrade to Sarge but also make sure that we
only want Sarge and nothing else!

0) IMPORTANT!! Remove typo3-env because you can't install php4-gd otherwise
1) Check your /etc/apt/sources.list
2) Create /etc/apt/preferences with the contents below:

Package: *
Pin: release testing
Pin-Priority: 900

Package: *
Pin: release unstable
Pin-Priority: 100

Package: *
Pin: release stable
Pin-Priority: 100

I've never tried this out but from a logical point of view, this should
work.

> PS: I should add something to my sig:
> If you have now clues: simply don't touch the running system!

You wouldn't learn it otherwise :-)

- michael
--
Want support? Please read the list rules first: http://typo3.org/1438.0.html