[Typo3-debian] Problems while trying to connect to MySQL after upgrade

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Sat Mar 19 12:40:01 CET 2005

> from what I can tell you upgraded into sid/unstable. so most likley
> you will have a hard time downgrading to stable. going back to
> sarge/testing should be possible without to much hassle.

Well - seems as if it's the best thing to set up a new sarge from scratch.
I checked MySQL via telnet and got some weird cryptic letters.
After fiddling around with different PHP and MySQL versions without success
I managed to crash the whole system.

So I started with the rescue system moved my TYPO3 directories and all DBs
via FTP to another server and now I will restart with a fresh and clean
install.

Thanx for the infos

Joey

PS: I should add something to my sig:
If you have now clues: simply don't touch the running system!

;-)

(If you have now clues: simply shut your gob sometimes!)
Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.openbc.com/go/invuid/Jo_Hasenau