[Typo3-debian] Newer versions (L)AMP

Peter Niederlag niederlag at ikd01.de
Sun Jun 26 13:18:48 CEST 2005

Hi,

Jordan van Bergen schrieb:
> Hi All,
>
> I was used to woody. Now I build everything myself using:
>
> PHP v5.04
> Apache 2.0.54
> MySQL v4.1.11
>
> I assume typo3.x.0 will work on this setup or will typo3.8.0 only?

Just FYI:

As stated in the roadmap [1], TYPO3 version4 will be fully compatible
with php5.

For a production-site I would recommend using php4 right now, if you
want to really avoid any small inconviniences.

Imho the core is working already nicely with php5 as well but you should
be prepared to maybe still encounter small nags since php5 is afaik not
officially supported [2] as of now.

It also depends heavily on the plugins you are using of course, since
they have to be php5-ready as well.

resume: give it a shot and report any problems you encounter, be
prepared to downgrade to php4 if there is an issue that can't be resolved.

Cheers,
Peter

[1] http://typo3.org/development/roadmap/
[2] http://typo3.org/man_uk/download/system-requirements/