[Typo3-debian] Debian stable version 3.1 --> apt-get update & apt-get dist-upgrade

Jordan van Bergen jordanvanbergen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 20:32:01 CEST 2005

Hi All,

Great news about sarge being stable as of now..... but what about this on a
current v3.0 woody stable distribution:

apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade

Like 269 packages have to be upgraded (in total 160 MB. for example). Has
anyone tried this to make the current woody v3.0 stable upgrade to the new
3.1 stable debian version? And if so was this succesfull??????????

For now I changed everything in the source.list in /etc/apt from stable to
woody so I'm still using woody 3.0 (old stable ;-) and apt-get update &
apt-get dist-upgrade shows my version is up to date. So using this you are
able to use the upgrade functionality without having to upgrade to the
latest v3.1 stable version.

As I have 2 production servers using woody v3.0 stable debian I hesitate to
update them directly to v3.1 stable. Should I expect problems upgrading?

By the way: what's the difference between the two mysql v4.x versions you
can install?

Regards

Jordan van Bergen
jordanvanbergen at gmail.com