AW: [Typo3-debian] OT: Debian hardware

Sven Wilhelm wilhelm at icecrash.com
Fri Jan 14 21:21:27 CET 2005

Hi,

> Mini-Mac price: even 589 Euro (!) in germany. Wow... Apple seems to lack a working currency converter.. ;-))
Don't know where you read this price but the basic model is available
for 480€ (www.apple.com/de). It's totally unimportant to me if the
currency converter of apple works if the price is on the website.

> b-a-r-e-b-o-n-e
> Yes, there are many to choose from now..
> That could be only a problem for people, of course, who are swamped by free markets.. ;)

I know.

>>A half year ago
> Thanks for being honest here..

Stand up with the wrong foot today???

> Sven, there is no apple store in Michelstadt. No service center... ;-)
Yes I know I live there, but as you don't know in the Odenwald there
aren't also much computerstores that sell such small B-A-R-E-B-O-N-E-S.

>>All the Mini's are not quiet easy at the moment but if Apple
>>has reached
>>this with his concept, than it is.
> Ok, i judge things not by faith (in Steve/Bill/whoever) but by mere facts.

Did I do this?????? I wrote that he should move to an apple store and
should look for a demonstration of such a box. And as I know that he
lives in a bigger city, there COULD be such a store.

>>Powerpc are quiet well for Debian on PPC. Only the graphiccards
>>sometimes make problems because of non-free drivers.
> Knock, knock! ;-)  Apple and friends (ATi, nVidia) behave exactly the same way the X86-manufacturer do..but in case of X86 there`s competition.

As I'm also a member of a Linux Usergroup I have many friends with an
apple and Debian on it.

> You can add "just" another 149 US$ - as far as i read - and you have an "internal" dvd-writer.
> Honestly, how brainy is it to have a mini system with an exernal dvd writer (nearly) as big as the whole mini?! Either you make Steve very happy ($$), or you don`t really need a device that is "only a a few disc cases high". Even your old "shuttle" should be of the same size then. ;)
Discussion in reason for a discussion???
No more comments.

I think he will buy what he wants. And as I want a little computer next
I will go for a demonstration to the next applestore since I'm in a
bigger city every day.

Greets Sven