[Typo3-debian] mysql_pconnect(): Too many connections

Steffen Müller steffen at mail.kommwiss.fu-berlin.de
Tue Feb 22 12:03:03 CET 2005

Hi.

On 02/22/2005 12:28 PM Jordan van Bergen wrote:

>>MySQL has a default limit of connections. This limit can be raised with
>>MySQL configuration.
>

> Do you know the setting for this? The only thing I can see in the my.cnf at
> the moment is:

# If you have problems with too many connections or a lot of
# idle connections, try this
# timeout values in s
#set-variable = max_connections=250
#set-variable = interactive_timeout=180
#set-variable = wait_timeout=180
#
# Here you can see queries with especially long duration
#log-slow-queries       = /var/log/mysql/mysql-slow.log

I don't give much on out-of-the-box values, because traffic and
performance often varies between hosts and even changes on the same host
by time. You should find some values between 1) stopping your errors
(raise max_connections, limit timeouts) and 2) don't give up performance
(don't raise max_connections/timeouts too high).
Benchmarking is always a good way, but often not trivial.

>>If you are using TYPO3 3.7.0 you can force TYPO3 to use mysql_connect in
>>"Install Tool", but this will probably cause more resource usage on the
>>server.
>

> Okay, but we won't get this error anymore you think?

You should try that out.

--
cheers,
Steffen