[Typo3-debian] mysql_pconnect(): Too many connections

Jordan van Bergen jordanvanbergen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 12:28:44 CET 2005

Hi Lars,

> MySQL has a default limit of connections. This limit can be raised with
> MySQL configuration.

Do you know the setting for this? The only thing I can see in the my.cnf at
the moment is:

key_buffer              = 16M
max_allowed_packet      = 16M
thread_stack            = 128K
#
# Query Cache Configuration
#
query_cache_limit       = 1048576
query_cache_size        = 26214400
query_cache_type        = 1

I don't know if this has anything to do with the limit? I don't think so.

What is the setting to raise the current limit of connections or the command
to know what the limit at the moment is?

> If you are using TYPO3 3.7.0 you can force TYPO3 to use mysql_connect in
> "Install Tool", but this will probably cause more resource usage on the
> server.

Okay, but we won't get this error anymore you think?

>As a solution to this you could use some kind of sql relay so
> connections are reused and not opened/closed constantly. A sql relay is
> pretty advanced to handle but is a good way to go.

Okay, to advanced for us if you ask me ;-)

Regards

Jordan van Bergen
jordanvanbergen at gmail.com