[Typo3-debian] What about Debian installation

Steffen Müller steffen at mail.kommwiss.fu-berlin.de
Thu Dec 15 01:24:14 CET 2005

Hi.

On 12/14/2005 02:58 PM Thomas Schulze wrote:
> Ok... i try it, no matter if my system is instable.
>
> The installation with the tar-package fails by
> compile gettext.

Today I had an awful day with lots of computer malfunctions. Maybe it
was just a sign of bad karma. So I try to do some good things and help
you :)

Before you break anything, read my last postings once again, maybe
twice, and then find out, that you don't have to compile anything.

Install gettext with
apt-get install get-text
that's all, no compiling needed. The same with all other tools!

The *TYPO3* tar.gz package itself does not to be comiled, anyway. Just
download them from http://typo3.org/download/packages/ extract them to
your webspace directory, just as described in the Install/upgrade
documentation http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_inst_upgr/

Neither you need TYPO3 itself from the Debian repository, nor anything
from typo3-installer.de

--
cheers,
Steffen