[Typo3-debian] What about Debian installation

Steffen Müller steffen at kommwiss.fu-berlin.de
Wed Dec 14 11:41:07 CET 2005

Hi.

Thomas Schulze wrote:
> Hi Steffen,
>
> thanx... but: one silly question is still open...
>
> What should i add to my apt-sources?

I don't know xandros and what packages xandros uses. Also, I don't know
if there are xandros backports from etch or sarge. If there are no
backports, you can use TYPO3 etch packages, but IMHO mixing distribution
is NOT a good practice, as dependencies might break your system. So if
you did not find xandros packages, you have the choice between mixing
distributions + using insecure/ outdated TYPO3 OR install a tar.gz
package from typo3.org

If you still prefer the first option, use
 deb ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian testing main

then
 apt-get install typo3

> Sorry... but in the past i?ve installed typo3 with all the source
> compiling it from the tar-package by typo3-installer.de But
> under my debian from xandros it will fail while compiling
> gettext. No matter why. So i think its a good way to install
> with a deb, isn?t it?

Never heard about that typo3-installer.de
There's no need to compile anything for TYPO3 if you use binary packages
from Debian or it's sisters. As I already mentioned in my last post,
check the dependencies of the typo3 package, install all those packages
with apt-get (except the typo3* packages). Then download a source
package and a dummy package from typo3.org.

Good luck.

--
cheers,
Steffen