[Typo3-debian] Current status about TYPO3 on Debian

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Dec 12 18:37:07 CET 2005

Hi Friedemann,

>> I am not sure about the current situation of TYPO3 in Debian. It is now
>> in unstable, right? Host stable is it? Will it make it into Etch?
>
> Yes, and in Testing.
> As it is in Testing, it'll probably make it into Etch :D
>
>> As far as I remember (I'm currently offline so I cannot check) the
>> package is called "typo3-src-3.8", so it's just the branch, not the
>> explicit version of 3.8.0.
>
> Nope, it's 3.7.0 both in Testing and Unstable.

That's even more dangerous!! Is anybody working on this? Otherwise it should
be removed immediately.

Version 3.8 might contain some security fixed - I don't know since I didn't
check - but if someone adds this package to Debian, he should be aware of
the workload this will put on him. CVS changes need to be tracked, security
related things need to be fixed.

I am not sure if this is good news for TYPO3 that it has entered Debian.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out