[Typo3-debian] sarge php5 and exif

Steffen Müller steffen at mail.kommwiss.fu-berlin.de
Mon Aug 8 18:21:31 CEST 2005

Hi.

On 08/05/2005 06:04 PM Sacha Vorbeck wrote:

> I tried to use the goof_fotoboek extension to display some pictures with
> comments on my site. The extensions uses exif to extract the comments
> out of the pics. While Arco reported that everyting works fine with
> php4, I can`t get it to work on PHP 5.0.4-0.9sarge1.

There's no php5 package in Sarge, just one in unstable. Where did you
get that package from? 5.0.4-0.9sarge1 seems more like a package from
dexter. In future, please be more precise in your requests.

> (...)
>
> When I look at my phpinfo I find the compile-option "--disable-exif"
> although I have installed the php5-exif and php5-mbstring.

Well, that means exif is not compiled in php5. But it can be installed
as a module.
Make sure you installed the *right* module in the *right* directory
(somewhere in /usr/lib/php5/ ). Don't forget to enable it in php.ini

Append this lines in php.ini:
  extension=exif.so
  extension=mbstring.so

And sorry, as I do not use unstable php5 packages, I am not able to
reproduce your problems.

--
cheers,
Steffen