[Typo3-debian] sarge php5 and exif

Sacha Vorbeck sachav at gmx.net
Fri Aug 5 18:04:33 CEST 2005

Hi,

I tried to use the goof_fotoboek extension to display some pictures with
comments on my site. The extensions uses exif to extract the comments
out of the pics. While Arco reported that everyting works fine with
php4, I can`t get it to work on PHP 5.0.4-0.9sarge1.

More detailed problem description: only the first letter of the comment
is shown.

It seems the problem is related to the mbstring configuration.

Here is a bugreport from somebody having the same problem on a windows
machine:

http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=31980&edit=2

When I look at my phpinfo I find the compile-option "--disable-exif"
although I have installed the php5-exif and php5-mbstring.

Could anyone who has a php5 (incl. php5-exif and php-mbstring) sarge
server at hand try:
wget http://www.wunderkessel.de/d40.jpg
and check the image with a little php-file:
<?php
print_r ( exif_read_data('./d40.jpg') );
?>

and tell me if the resulting array also contains only one letter for the
comments and keywords field?:

    [Comments] => z
    [Author] => a
    [Keywords] => k

If not, please tell me your php.ini settings regarding mbsting please ;-).

--
thank you - all the best,
Sacha