AW: AW: [Typo3-debian] eaccelerator package from typo3.sunsite.dk

Lars E. D. Jensen ledj-typo3 at dcmedia.biz
Thu Apr 21 10:26:45 CEST 2005

Alexander Schories wrote:

> Hi Lars,
>

>> > I will test eAccelerator this weekend... 8)
>>
>> I made some tests, and overall show minimal 5 times better
>> performance. Cool
>> thing is that when a lot of PHP scripts are cached the server
>> load goes
>> down from 1 to 0.10/0.05 doing the same requests.
>
> Exactly. That's why i use binary caches for years now. I simply can't
> imagine complex typo3-websites without them..those websites work so much
> faster..
>
> However, eAccelerator still had some issues with some php software i used
> the last time i tested it.

I haven't experienced any problemes with TYPO3 yet. And I'm using Zend
Platfom too, it's ok... but I dislike their license policy -> if you use a
Zend node inside a virtual server you need to aqquire a brand new license
for only that virtual server in order to get it to work. That really sucks!
Right now I discuss it with Zend, that it doesn't make any sense selling
per CPU basis if it won't work inside e.g. 8 virtual servers running on the
same physical CPU. It's the virtual server software that is doing the
problems, but they have to get around that or change their license policy
since virtual servers are here to stay.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best regards
Lars E. D. Jensen