AW: AW: [Typo3-debian] eaccelerator package from typo3.sunsite.dk

Alexander Schories alexander at schories.com
Thu Apr 21 09:51:20 CEST 2005

Hi Lars,

> > I will test eAccelerator this weekend... 8)
>
> I made some tests, and overall show minimal 5 times better
> performance. Cool
> thing is that when a lot of PHP scripts are cached the server
> load goes
> down from 1 to 0.10/0.05 doing the same requests.

Exactly. That's why i use binary caches for years now. I simply can't
imagine complex typo3-websites without them..those websites work so much
faster..

However, eAccelerator still had some issues with some php software i used
the last time i tested it.

So i will now test latest eAccelerator against latest Zend Platform (where
the Zend Accelerator, Zend`s binary cache is included).

I hope, the good times - where TurckMMcache was even faster (and still
stable!) than Zends Accelerator - will return again. I personally do not
need the Zend Performance Suite (now sold as the Zend Platform), because all
"extras" included in those (gzipping http content, better download-handling,
gui config etc.), are already (better) handled by apache2 and great
apache2-modules (e.g. mod_deflate , which compresses ALL http content - not
only the one generated by php scripts!) and some of those "extras" (gui
config) offer no extra value to me. Not to mention the crazy prices Zend
demands for the licenses from their "customers"...

The only interesting thing might be the gui debugger which is included in
the Zend Portal now..however, until now i have found my script mistakes
pretty quick as well.

I am subscribed to the eAccelerators list since months, however being a
lousy coder, i am of no use for the most important work to do: coding.
However, i should give a sign, that i would really like to handle some other
things - if appreciated by the developers.

Kind Regards

Alexander Schories
Tuebingen, Germany

If privacy or security of communication is on your mind, feel free to
establish a secure transmission using the PGP public key obtainable from
http://www.schories.com/alexander/pubkey/alexander_schories.asc