[Typo3-debian] Typo3.7.0 libpng install error

Chris Van Pelt vanpelt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 11:14:16 CEST 2005

I'm trying to do a dummy install of Typo 3.7.0.  When I go to start
the installation in my browser it gives me this error:

Fatal error: imagecreatefrompng(): gd-png: fatal libpng error:
Incompatible libpng version in application and library in
/var/www/typo3source/typo3_src-3.7.0/typo3/sysext/install/mod/class.tx_install.php
on line 2378

I did an apt-get install libpng-dev and it installed libpng3.  I'm
running Debian woody with PHP 4.3.8.  My GD information for PHP is as
follows:

GD Support 	enabled
GD Version 	bundled (2.0.23 compatible)
FreeType Support 	enabled
FreeType Linkage 	with freetype
T1Lib Support 	enabled
GIF Read Support 	enabled
JPG Support 	enabled
PNG Support 	enabled
WBMP Support 	enabled
XBM Support 	enabled

I have typo 3.6.0 running fine on this server, any ideas?  Thanks!