[Typo3-debian] Integration of Typo3-Packages into the Debian main archive

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Wed Oct 27 23:24:36 CEST 2004

Hi Steffen,

just a few words...

> A main question about security is, who will backport those
> mission-critical- and security-patches for a stable debian version (e.g.
> 3.7) if latest TYPO3 stable e.g. went towards >=3.8
>
> In my eyes, this is the most critical point in adding TYPO3 into the
> Debians official stable branch.

I agree that this was a problem in the past, but things might have changed
since we have consequently started to use CVS and because there are official
release maintainers (which is currently Ingmar and me) who are officially
maintaining the latest stable release and therefore we already filter the
important bugs out.

So assuming that you're releasing packages of TYPO3 3.6.2, a Debian package
maintainer would only have to backport those patches from the 3-7-branch back
to 3.6...

Anyway, I'm looking forward for this topic, this will hopefully bring some
great efforts to TYPO3 on Debian...

Regards, michael