AW: [Typo3-debian] Performance problems...

Alexander Schories alexander at schories.com
Wed Oct 27 10:40:38 CEST 2004

> Anyway, 65M free out of 6203M. That isn't that much - is it?
> I mean that could be a performance problem, couldn't it?

In Windows => Yes. In Linux/Unix => No! Kernel occupies RAM (he loves it,
like a small kid, that can`t get enough ice cream :D), but in order to give
it tasks with a snip. It`s more or less "reserved" in your case (see "ps
aux" which task uses what..)- not really used.

> Also another thing about memory.
> When looking at top in the shell.
> When I'm browsing around in the FE, I can see that it often
> takes 18000
> in Size. I guess that means 18Megs in memory. Isn't that much for the
> froentend?

Huhh.. i don`t know - i have no idea of the actual code size of typo3, esp.
with all kinds of extensions and graphic functions enabled (GD and
Imagemagick renderings).

Kind Regards

Alexander Schories
Tuebingen, Germany