AW: AW: AW: [Typo3-debian] MMCACHE

Alexander Schories alexander at schories.com
Mon Oct 25 13:28:24 CEST 2004

Hello,

i hope i found some closer trace:

Your phpinfo under  http://141.40.169.172/info.php  suddenly stops at the
PHP4 "mysql" integration part!!

But you should see something like:

mysql
MySQL Support	enabled
Active Persistent Links 	3
Active Links 	3
Client API version 	3.23.56
MYSQL_MODULE_TYPE 	external
MYSQL_SOCKET 	/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
MYSQL_INCLUDE 	-I/usr/include/mysql
MYSQL_LIBS 	-L/usr/lib -lmysqlclient

Directive	Local Value	Master Value
mysql.allow_persistent	On	On
mysql.connect_timeout	60	60
mysql.default_host	no value	no value
mysql.default_password	no value	no value
mysql.default_port	no value	no value
mysql.default_socket	no value	no value
mysql.default_user	no value	no value
mysql.max_links	Unlimited	Unlimited
mysql.max_persistent	Unlimited	Unlimited
mysql.trace_mode	Off	Off

However, you only see the first line. Strange. Looks like package
"php4-mysql" could need a purge and  re-install. Please try that. :)

Please don`t beat me up, because i dare to mention following usual banality:

Just to be sure that you have an up to-date debian installion. Did you run
the following in console today. I guess you did, but just be sure..

1) catch update info:
apt-get update

2) show which package WOULD need an upgrade:			apt-get -s
upgrade

3) install ALL upgrades:
apt-get upgrade

   - OR - maybe just install some of the ment. packages	apt-get install
your_package_name

I have searched all bugreports at debian for the packages "apache" and
"libapache-mod-php4" and found no clue. I googeled a lot, but most current
"Segmentation fault (11)" are related to PHP 5.0.2 . Some older posts in
boards complain bad ram as a cause - you could run "memcheck", but as long
no other mysterious things are happening on your machine, it doesn`t seem to
be a bad ram for me.

You could try to install apache2, but i know that you maybe would not like
this idea because of configuration and more.

Do other complex php scripts, e.g. webmailers like squirrel or bullitin
boards, run fine? (I know, that installing such "just for testing" isn`t the
way you want to spend your time. :) ) Is it "just" Typo3?

Kind Regards

Alexander Schories
Tuebingen, Germany