[Typo3-debian] Re: Newsletter problem (direct mail)

John van Dijk jpm.van.dijk at hccnet.nl
Sat Oct 16 13:48:58 CEST 2004

Hello Alexander,

First of all, thanks for your response...

What I did so far, after reading several manuals:

1.
Installed extensions: plugin_mgm, tt_address, direct_mail,
direct_mail_subscription

2.
Created a 'Not in menu' page and named it 'newsletter'.
In 'newsletter' I created a 'Standard' page 'subscription'.
In 'newsletter' I created a 'SysFolder' page 'direct mail module'.

In the pageheader of the 'direct mail module' page selected at field
'contains plugin': 'Direct Mail'.
The 'TSconfig' field contains the following lines generated by the 'module
configuration' of the 'Direct mail' plugin.
mod.web_modules.dmail.from_email=jpm.van.dijk(at)hccnet.nl
mod.web_modules.dmail.from_name=john
mod.web_modules.dmail.replyto_email=
mod.web_modules.dmail.replyto_name=
mod.web_modules.dmail.return_path=jpm.van.dijk(at)hccnet.nl
mod.web_modules.dmail.organisation=
mod.web_modules.dmail.sendOptions=3
mod.web_modules.dmail.plainParams=&type=99
mod.web_modules.dmail.long_link_rdct_url=
mod.web_modules.dmail.long_link_mode=0
mod.web_modules.dmail.quick_mail_encoding=8bit
mod.web_modules.dmail.enablePlain=1
mod.web_modules.dmail.enableHTML=1
mod.web_modules.dmail.test_tt_address_uids=4

In the pageheader of the 'subscription' page I selected the 'direct mail
module' page as General Record Storage Page.

3.
In page 'subscription' I created a pagecontent element of the type: 'Insert
plugin', in the plugin field selected 'DirectMail subscription'.

4.
Created template record for 'subscription' page:
Constants:
plugin.feadmin.dmailsubscription.pid = 49 (pid of page 'direct mail module')
plugin.feadmin.dmailsubscription.email = jpm.van.dijk(at)hccnet.nl
plugin.feadmin.dmailsubscription.emailName = john

Setup:
plugin.feadmin.dmailsubscription.setfixed {
  approve._FIELDLIST = uid,pid  (hmm, should these be real uid/pid's?)
  DELETE._FIELDLIST = uid,pid	  (and what are their function?)
}

5.
Created template record for 'direct mail module' page:
Constants: blank

Setup: blank

Checked the following checkboxes:
Constants
Setup
Rootlevel

Include static:
Template; NEWSLETTER
plugin.alt.plaintext(99)

6.
Then I went to the 'direct mail module' page and created a tt_address
record: 'Address [4] -john'.

Then I clicked 'Plugins' and first did the 'module configuration'. (results:
see point 2)

Created a 'Direct mail group': called it 'members', type: Static members,
Recipients: john

Sended a QuickMail to group 'members'. This works fine.

7.
In the 'direct mail module page' selected 'Newsletters.
Created a newsletter:
Hide page: unchecked
Type: 'standard'
Pagetitle: test
(in the pagecontent part)
Header: test contentheader
Text: test contentbody
Saved it.

8.
Secected newsletter 'test'
Clicked: 'Create new direct mail based on this page'

View direct mail record result: