[Typo3-debian] Integration of Typo3-Packages into the Debian main archive

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Nov 23 13:51:57 CET 2004

Hello Peter,

> Go into FE-package? (providing stuff for a BE that is not there,
> probably causing errors?)
> Be split?(actually I believe this should be the way to go then but I am
> not sure if that doesn't raise the maintanance-effort very much plus I
> am not sure if it could work after all since the use of the
> EXT-configuration doesn't strictly separate beetween FE and BE)

Exactly. This is the point why I'm so rigid about the split.
Although it should not be the case that any extension uses a class from
typo3/ we cannot trust that it won't break anything.

We are discussing about 1.5 MB that rest in typo3/ once you'd have moved
ext/ and sysext/ into the FE extension.

The die() command is the cleanest solution since all files are still
accessible except the code that is used to initialize the backend session.
So this is the only method I see so far which works clean and doesn't break
anything.

> Like I said: I do believe it is a nice idea but it needs thorough
> investigations and work and imho it might be it is not even possible
> after all.

It's a huge work to check every extension in TER ;-)
Conclusion is that we're talking about a problem which is no problem at all.

- michael
--
Want support? Please read the list rules first: http://typo3.org/1438.0.html