[Typo3-debian] Integration of Typo3-Packages into the Debian main archive

Steffen Müller steffen at mail.kommwiss.fu-berlin.de
Thu Nov 18 20:20:08 CET 2004

On 11/16/2004 09:17 PM Christian Leutloff wrote:

> Ingmar Schlecht wrote:
>
>> Christian Leutloff wrote:
>>
>>> - typo3-src-frontend-3.6, typo3-src-frontend-3.7, etc. PHP-Sources of
>>> Typo3 for the frontend; used source will be determined through a symlink
>>> or appropriate apache configuration; I hope, that 3.7.1 and up only
>>> differs slightly from 3.7.0, so an upgrade even of a production system
>>> is possible.
>>>
>>> - typo3-src-backend-3.6, typo3-src-backend-3.7, etc. Backend-Sources of
>>> Typo3
>

>> No, don't make separate packages for backend and frontend, one package
>> containing both is enough.
>

> The separation is suggested in the German TYPO3 book. Anybody who
> doesn't need the separation can install both packages. The other way
> (installing only half of a package) is not possible.

Hi.

As Michael suggested, seperation can be tricky and if anyone's
interested in my opinion: I would not vote for that.

My concern is about some ideas in the "official" TYPO3 book: Don't take
'em all too serious. The authors suggest seperation for better security
and some chapter before, they suggest to make sites world writable with
chmod 777 or 666
*Hmpf*

--
cheers,