AW: AW: [Typo3-debian] Upgrade of PHP

Alexander Schories alexander at schories.com
Tue Nov 16 14:53:01 CET 2004

> Mmmm. Here Woody has been running for years...
> IMHO you cannot say that a newer branch of a system is as
> stable/secure as a
> branch which have been running stable/secure for years including fast
> security patches etc. Logically there's still more
> bugs/security issues to
> be found in a new branch with updates to all packages.

This would argumentation, however, applies to DOS or AmigaOS as well.. ;-)

> Maybe my example suck, but I think our intensions is the
> same.

Yes! :)

>Debian is
> great :)

True, absolutely true! :)

> Well, I would first consider upgrading when Sarge officially
> goes stable and
> maybe I would even wait a little and look at mailinglists to see how
> peoples experience is. I don't see any reason to upgrade a
> system which is
> running great.

Hmm..

I understand that you wouldn`t like to apply changes to a beautiful running
system, however, it will be more and more difficult to make and find
backports - because many packages depend on newer libraries..

But in the end it is and must be all YOUR decission. And as long it is
Debian - even i will be very happy with it! :D

Kind Regards

Alexander Schories
Tuebingen, Germany

If privacy or security of communication is on your mind, feel free to
establish a secure transmission using the PGP public key obtainable from
http://www.schories.com/alexander/pubkey/alexander_schories.asc