[Typo3-debian] Upgrade of PHP

Wolfgang Riedmann wr at meles.net
Tue Nov 16 07:32:02 CET 2004

Hi Andreas,

> > I'm running a server with Debian Woody (only rsync is a backported
> > package), and need now PHP >= 4.3.
> >
> > - upgrade only PHP and MySQL with dotdeb.org (I would prefer to not
> > update MySQL....) - other possibilities?
>
> I have done this a few days ago (both php4 & mysql, I think the dotdeb
> php4 packages require also a newer php4-mysql package) and up to know
> no errors occured. I only had to update the php_acclerator manually
> ;-)

It's a good notice that the dotdeb packages are working for you. I'm
not using php_accelerator.

Honestly, I'm prefering the dotdeb option because it leaves the rest
of the system intact (even if PHP and MySQL have vital importance)

Thank you

Wolfgang

--
-- Wolfgang Riedmann
-- Individuelle EDV-Lösungen - Soluzioni informatiche personalizzate
-- http://www.riedmann.it - wolfgang at riedmann.it