[Typo3-debian] Upgrade of PHP

Wolfgang Riedmann wr at meles.net
Tue Nov 16 07:32:02 CET 2004

Hi Michael,

thank you very much for your answer.

> > Since several sites on this server are using TYPO3, and I think
> > TYPO3 is the most delicate package, I would ask you what to do
> > without breaking anything:
> >
> > - upgrade the whole system to sarge
>
> This is the best option but I cannot guarantee that it won't break
> anything. I think you'll have to test this on a test system first.

the most preoccupating thing is that the security team for Sarge are
not in place - so no security updates.

> > - upgrade only PHP and MySQL with dotdeb.org (I would prefer to not
> > update MySQL....) - other possibilities?
>
> It's an option, but you'll have to switch to Sarge anyways, so why not
> doing this now?!

I have to switch to sarge when it becomes stable..... But this is
IMHO a few months now...

Thank you

Wolfgang

--
-- Wolfgang Riedmann
-- Individuelle EDV-Lösungen - Soluzioni informatiche personalizzate
-- http://www.riedmann.it - wolfgang at riedmann.it