[Typo3-debian] Strange indexed search problem, server related I think!

Lars Houmark lars at houmark.com
Mon Nov 1 02:38:34 CET 2004

Hi there,

I am (x)posting this here, as it seems noone on the .english list seems to
have seen my problem before, hope that is ok.

I am running 3.7.0 and have been trying to install the indexed search engine
(version 2.0.0 for the 3.7.0).

The problem is:

When setting the config.index_enable = 1 the indexer were supposed to start
indexing. But instead of indexing the pages without the FE user noticing,
the site goes more or less down.

Please see here:

http://demo1.houmark.com

First time the page is being visited the browser says some kind of a DNS
error. Examine the error with lynx shows the following, the very first time
the site is visited:

---
Looking up demo1.houmark.com first
Looking up demo1.houmark.com
demo1.houmark.com
Making HTTP connection to demo1.houmark.com
Sending HTTP request.
HTTP request sent; waiting for response.
Alert!: Unexpected network read error; connection aborted.
Can't Access `http://demo1.houmark.com/'
Alert!: Unable to access document.

lynx: Can't access startfile
---

In internet Explorer this is shown as: "Cannot find server or DNS Error"

Now, hitting in the same address once more this message is shown by lynx:

Refresh URL is not absolute.

Then the browser is shown the "Page is being generated. If this message does
not disappear within 30...." message.

Looking in the backend of the site, I can see the NO pages is being indexed.
Removing the index_enable or uninstalling the extension makes the site run
just nice again.

The server is running on debian and below is the debug information:

### DEBUG SYSTEM INFORMATION - START ###
HTTP_HOST           : demo1.houmark.com
TYPO3_HOST_ONLY     : demo1.houmark.com
TYPO3_PORT          :
PATH_INFO           :
QUERY_STRING        : TYPO3_INSTALL[type]=phpinfo
REQUEST_URI         : /typo3/install/index.php?TYPO3_INSTALL[type]=phpinfo
HTTP_REFERER        :
http://demo1.houmark.com/typo3/install/index.php?TYPO3_INSTALL[type]=phpinfo
TYPO3_REQUEST_HOST  : http://demo1.houmark.com
TYPO3_REQUEST_URL   :
http://demo1.houmark.com/typo3/install/index.php?TYPO3_INSTALL[type]=phpinfo
TYPO3_REQUEST_SCRIPT: http://demo1.houmark.com/typo3/install/index.php
TYPO3_REQUEST_DIR   : http://demo1.houmark.com/typo3/install/
TYPO3_SITE_URL      : http://demo1.houmark.com/
TYPO3_SITE_SCRIPT   : typo3/install/index.php?TYPO3_INSTALL[type]=phpinfo
TYPO3_SSL           :
SCRIPT_NAME         : /typo3/install/index.php
TYPO3_DOCUMENT_ROOT : /home/typo3hosting/demo1houmarkcom
SCRIPT_FILENAME     :
/home/typo3hosting/demo1houmarkcom/typo3/install/index.php
REMOTE_ADDR         : 62.243.233.193
REMOTE_HOST         :
HTTP_USER_AGENT     : Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1;
SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE: en-us,da;q=0.5
CONST: PHP_OS       : Linux
CONST: TYPO3_OS     :
CONST: PATH_thisScri:
/home/typo3hosting/demo1houmarkcom/typo3/install/index.php
CONST: php_sapi_name: apache
OTHER: TYPO3_VERSION: 3.7.0
OTHER: PHP_VERSION  : 4.3.1
imagecreatefromgif():
imagecreatefrompng(): 1
imagecreatefromjpeg(: 1
imagegif()          :
imagepng()          : 1
imagejpeg()         : 1
imagettftext()      : 1
OTHER: IMAGE_TYPES  : 30
OTHER: memory_limit : 100M
SERVER: SERVER_PORT : 80
SERVER: SERVER_SOFTW: Apache/1.3.26 (Unix) Debian GNU/Linux mod_perl/1.26
PHP/4.3.1 mod_ssl/2.8.9 OpenSSL/0.9.6c
SERVER: GATEWAY_INTE: CGI/1.1
SERVER: SCRIPT_NAME : /typo3/install/index.php
SERVER: PATH_TRANSLA:
/home/typo3hosting/demo1houmarkcom/typo3/install/index.php
T3CV_GFX: image_proc: 1
T3CV_GFX: gdlib     : 1
T3CV_GFX: gdlib_png : 1
T3CV_GFX: gdlib_2   : 1
T3CV_GFX: im        : 1
T3CV_GFX: im_path   : /usr/bin/
T3CV_GFX: im_path_lz: /usr/bin/
T3CV_GFX: im_version: 1
T3CV_GFX: im_negate_: 0
T3CV_GFX: im_imvMask: 1
T3CV_GFX: im_combine: composite
### DEBUG SYSTEM INFORMATION - END ###

I am all out of ideas, have tried installing the exact same site on a
colleges server, the indexing runs just beautiful, so it points to some
server issue, should I post somewhere else then?

Regards in advance,

Lars Houmark (houmark)