[Typo3-debian] Poorly documentation

Steffen Mueller steffen at mail.kommwiss.fu-berlin.de
Tue May 25 11:50:06 CEST 2004

On 25.05.2004 11:21 Kasper Myram wrote:

> I have also had quite some trouble installing from the deb-set.
> Especially the following line gave lotsa troubles:
>
>> # * Point your browser to the location you just created and complete
>> the setup
>

> Huh?! That's more or less untrue! Do you modify your apache.conf and
> what path do you have to point at and - and - and...
>
> Though it may not be motivating when someone calls it the poorest
> documented system I can though recognize the frustration after hours and
> hours of trial-and-error.

Hi.

We are an open source community and contribution is what keeps us alive.
Some of us are more active, some less.
You all complain about bad documentation without providing better one.
I'm asking myself how could we benefit of that? Well, ...

... Kasper, would you please write down some constructive notes to
improve this "poorly" documentation. How shall we put that "point your
browser..." part to avoid misunderstandings?

--
cheers,
Steffen