[Typo3-debian] Addition: Hungarian character set in front and backend

andreas.kozma at ansis.com andreas.kozma at ansis.com
Fri May 7 09:21:19 CEST 2004

Hi Roman,

thank you for your reply. Strange enough I didn't get it by email, even
though I have the option "Send each message" enabled in the mailing list,
so I had to check in the archive.

I tried your solution but it only solved the problem with the front end
characters. In the backend, the characters are still shown in the Western
charset: the O with the tilde

If I switch to Hungarian language in the Setup menu, the characters are
displayed correctly: the o with the correct, long Umlaut

I am still too new to Typo3 to analyize what the Setup menu is changing
when I select the Hungarian language, but maybe somebody proficient can
give me a hint, what option to include.

PS: Roman, as I am still a novice I think I put your option to the right
place: Template menu -> root page -> Info/Modify -> Click here to edit
whole template record -> Setup field

Is this the right place to put it?

Thanks for your help!
- Anda Kozma