[Typo3-debian] memory consumption of apache/mysql (not php limit!)

Hans J. Martin hans-jakob.martin at gmx.net
Fri May 7 09:11:42 CEST 2004

Hi,

unfortunatly our apache/mysql server seems to need a lot of memory for
running typo3 3.6.0. As I have set the php-memory limit to about 32 MB I
feel that this is an configuration error and not depending on typo3(?) - so
this might be a little bit ot..

When I reload a page about ten times I find approx. 10 apache processes -
each with a memory ressource demand of 24 M and approx 16 mysql processes
with 17 M.. (seen via top).

While getting higher load the server runs out of memory and starts swapping
(and therefore becomes rather slow...).

I have tried different settings in http.conf for spareservers/max request
... but with the same result.

I am running Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) Debian GNU/Linux PHP/4.3.6.

Any suggestions?

TIA,

Hans