[Typo3-debian] Addition: Hungarian character set in front and backend

andreas.kozma at ansis.com andreas.kozma at ansis.com
Thu May 6 13:09:37 CEST 2004

I need to add that I would like to keep the English language (menus,
labels, etc.) of the back-end, so changing the language to Hungarian will
help with the charset, but will change all my user interface to Hungarian.

Is there a way to only change the charset, so that my browser showing the
Typo3 backend will receive the

charset=iso-8859-2

HTML directive?

Thanks again!
- Anda Kozma

----- Forwarded by Anda Kozma/Enform on 2004.05.06 13:05 -----

             Anda Kozma/Enform

                                       typo3-debian at lists.netfielders.de
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       Hungarian character set in front
                                       and backend

Hi everybody,

I have been looking for evidence in all Typo3 manuals and mailing lists, I
could get hold of, but I could not find an answer.

Our problem is the following:

Typing Hungarian characters Long Umlaut O (&337) and Long Umlaut U (&369)
appear in the following ways:

- as text in front end: correctly

- as graphics for menu items in the front end:  the letter appears as &337
as in F&337;oldal

- as text in backend: the letter appears as &337 as in F&337;oldal

How can I set the Central European characterset (ISO-8859-2) on a PER
WEBSITE basis, as we would like to host our website in Western AND Central
European languages?

Are there two different options for front and back end or can I just set it
once?

Thanks for your help in advance!
- Anda Kozma