[Typo3-debian] Hungarian character set in front and backend

andreas.kozma at ansis.com andreas.kozma at ansis.com
Thu May 6 12:58:17 CEST 2004

Hi everybody,

I have been looking for evidence in all Typo3 manuals and mailing lists, I
could get hold of, but I could not find an answer.

Our problem is the following:

Typing Hungarian characters Long Umlaut O (&337) and Long Umlaut U (&369)
appear in the following ways:

- as text in front end: correctly

- as graphics for menu items in the front end:  the letter appears as &337
as in F&337;oldal

- as text in backend: the letter appears as &337 as in F&337;oldal

How can I set the Central European characterset (ISO-8859-2) on a PER
WEBSITE basis, as we would like to host our website in Western AND Central
European languages?

Are there two different options for front and back end or can I just set it
once?

Thanks for your help in advance!
- Anda Kozma