[Typo3-debian] 1-2-3 install in browser dosn't start

Steen Christensen sc2 at irs-mail.com
Wed Jan 28 12:55:37 CET 2004

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 23:49:53 +0100, Michael Stucki wrote:

Thank you Michael

> I'm almost sure you didn't look at this file yet. Just type that command and
> read the steps:
>
>  zless /usr/share/doc/php4/README.Debian.gz
>
> Don't forget to restart Apache after doing the modification.

PHP wasn't set up. That seems to react fine now, but now it is my MySQL
that gives headache. PHP can not see it. That will be my project for
tonight.

The 1-2-3 installer still dosn't start, but I can start the
install program under http://[serverIP]/site1/typo3/install and do a few
things.

I am afraid that I (with my background in the LAMP installer) took a few
thing for granted, so maybe you can clarify/confirm a couple of things for
me?

First I must say that the Debian APT system is great. I like very much
that all dependencies are taken care of. I installed the 3 typo3 packages,
and all software was apearently installed. Great!!

After fiddling around for a couple of evenings, it seems to me that I have
to setup up the "base" software like PYHP, MuSQL, Apache and...
seperately, and before I run the Typo3-site-installer. This script only
installs a "Dummy" site without setting up any of the previous mentioned
software? Or is there something I have not seen?

Is the install procedure for these programs exactly as described in the
general Typo3 installation guide: "Installing Typo3 - A guide to the
basics"?

Is there anything else that I have to look out for (can you recommend
other documentation)?

Thanks in advance

Steen Christensen