[Typo3-debian] typo3 v3.5 - Interesting access problem over webfrontend

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Thu Dec 30 21:24:17 CET 2004

Hello Stefan,

> Then I've this great idea to update to v3.7 following the description
> for v3.6.1 - yeah it worked but there are some php errors following up.

What was the error? Why didn't you just try to solve this problem?

> OK, I thought I'll working with debian go back and start over - what I
> did.
> I make a apt-get remove -base, -env, -site-installer, deleted the
> created subdirectory under "www", deleted the database in mysql. I got
> no errors and it looks like as clean as it was before.

Yes the removal should be clean this way.

> I started over again (-base, -env, -site-installer v3.5 basic; new
> database in mysql)with no errors during the installation. But then it
> was different, I'll started the webfrontend that welcomed me with the
> 1-2-3 interface.

The 1-2-3 interface appears if you open www.mysite.com/ while no database is
specified in localconf.php.

The advanced install tool shows up if you open www.mysite.com/typo3/install/
directly...

> Fine I'll filled out with my information for the mysql access but this
> didn't work anymore. It asked on the way to "step 2" for "joh316" and then
> showed me an empty database choosing field. I tried it again, switched
> over to the manual version but it didn't accept a value change, better it
> didn't write into the localconf.php anymore (user rights set).

Sure? Please check this again.

<hint>
To make sure that the permissions of your webserver are right, you can use
the "su" command while working as root (needed because only then no
password is expected):

# su - www-data
</hint>

> Thanks for any idea and I hope my description was understandable!

I think it misses a lot of details. Please do more research (check log
files, post the output, try to connect to MySQL with the commandline
client, etc.) next time.

Regards, michael
--
Want support? Please read the list rules first: http://typo3.org/1438.0.html