[Typo3-debian] typo3 v3.5 - Interesting access problem over webfrontend

Stefan Streit sstreit at st-c.at
Thu Dec 30 14:49:56 CET 2004

Hello listmembers!

Have a funny problem under Debian Woody stable + backports.
I installed the packages for 3.5 -base, -env, -site-installer.
Everything runs well and was fully functional. I did some changes in the
php.ini for "memory-limits", etc. Created the database in mysql. Started
the browser and fly over the 1-2-3 entrance. Connection to the database
worked too. Finished as a useful fully functional basic Typo3 v3.5
installation.

Then I've this great idea to update to v3.7 following the description
for v3.6.1 - yeah it worked but there are some php errors following up.
OK, I thought I'll working with debian go back and start over - what I
did.
I make a apt-get remove -base, -env, -site-installer, deleted the
created subdirectory under "www", deleted the database in mysql. I got
no errors and it looks like as clean as it was before.

I started over again (-base, -env, -site-installer v3.5 basic; new
database in mysql)with no errors during the installation. But then it
was different, I'll started the webfrontend that welcomed me with the
1-2-3 interface. Fine I'll filled out with my information for the mysql
access but this didn't work anymore. It asked on the way to "step 2" for
"joh316" and then showed me an empty database choosing field. I tried it
again, switched over to the manual version but it didn't accept a value
change, better it didn't write into the localconf.php anymore (user
rights set). I can do it by hand but no longer over the interface and in
my knowledge status I'm not enough flexible to work direct into the
localconf.php.

Any idea what I overlooked, could happen during removing and
reinstalling typo3 v3.5???

Thanks for any idea and I hope my description was understandable!