[Typo3-debian] turck-mmcache & running GIF enabled packages on Debian Sarge

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Dec 7 22:59:01 CET 2004

Hello Jordan,

> I have installed a new production server with Debian Sarge and used the
> explanation of Michael for running GIF enabled packages on Debian Sarge.
> It works absolutely flawless! YES, Michael you made my day again. How can
> i contribute a small amount to you ;-) I make a lot of free websites for
> non-profit organizations but still I would like te contribute some money
> for the hard work people like you put into typo3.

Yes, there's a real "solution" for that problem coming very shortly. Just
hold on and visit typo3.org from day to day... :-)

> I have installed the turck-mmcache package as well and yes what an
> accelaration of the site. It's much faster indeed.

Nice to hear! :-)

> Now a question: Will turck-mmcache cause problems or not? In other words:
> Will everything work exactly the same way as normal or do you have to
> think about somethings when using turck-mmcache?

Yes, I have it running on some hosts and never had one single problem!
However there are other PHP boosters like PHP Accelerator which _do_ have
some little problems - in this specific case, the program has problems to
detect when you have upgraded your TYPO3 source. This means that after a
release upgrade, you'll have to manually clear your PHPA cache.

Regards, michael
--
Want support? Please read the list rules first: http://typo3.org/1438.0.html