[Typo3-debian] GIF packages on Debian Woody

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Wed Aug 25 16:14:35 CEST 2004

Hi Jo,

> I installed this version and it seems to run perfect. :-)
> But I don't understand the configuration in localconf.php:
>
> --------------------
> #
> # Settings for using IM 4.2.9 and GDlib 2.x with GIF support
> # You should uncomment all lines in this block if you are using these
> packages
> #
> # $TYPO3_CONF_VARS["GFX"]["gdlib_2"] = '0';

> This is compiled with GD2 but the switch in TYPO3 should NOT be set.
> Is this correct?

You're right, this looks like a bug. However I did test these settings and
they seemed to work fine.
If you want to help then please check both settings with a running webpage
that uses most of all graphics functions (image text, borders, etc.).

Please correct me if the suggested value was wrong or if it works fine with
"gdlib_2 = 1", too.

Regards, michael
--
Want support? Please read the list rules first: http://typo3.org/1438.0.html