[Typo3-debian] GIF packages on Debian Woody

Jo Dampz dampz at web.de
Wed Aug 25 16:02:44 CEST 2004

Hi michael,

thanx for this great work.

> Running GIF enabled packages on Debian Woody:
> 3b) ImageMagick 4.2.9 (statically linked binaries)
>     Run "apt-get -u install imagemagick-typo3-4.2.9 libgd2-xpm php4-gd2"

I installed this version and it seems to run perfect. :-)
But I don't understand the configuration in localconf.php:

--------------------
#
# Settings for using IM 4.2.9 and GDlib 2.x with GIF support
# You should uncomment all lines in this block if you are using these
packages
#
# $TYPO3_CONF_VARS["GFX"]["gdlib_2"] = '0';

This is compiled with GD2 but the switch in TYPO3 should NOT be set.
Is this correct?

regards  jo