[Typo3-debian] Sarge + PHP4-GD2 with gif dont work

Rene Dustmann renedustmann at maxx2.de
Wed Aug 11 19:01:38 CEST 2004

hi Alexander,

thks for reply.

my answers:
1) no errors during installation
2) i use apache 1.3.29 but i have no idea why it will cause this probs -
the gd lib is loaded by php...
3) the php version is the current sarge release 4.3.4
4) no warnings during configure / make / make install of GD2 patched

after *dpkg -i php4-gd2_4.3.2+rc3-2_i386.deb* no gd2-patched occure - so i
made the"clean-up" and the result is no gd2-withgif, means NO gd
recognition by php.

i look for an easy and comprehensible solution to get the gif support on a
sarge based system. this was the reason why apt-get looks convincing to me.
... suffering from "a little bit" different systems...

Tomorrow i will make a new try and i will report it. Without success i will
wait for Michael Stuckis package...

... but the rest of debian ist quite satisfactory ;)

btw. gd 1.8 and typo works also quite good and i have in mind never touch a
running system - still a right cognition!

bye - rene