[Typo3-debian] imagemagick and safe_mode_exec_dir

Jean-Marie Schweizer jms at marktauftritte.ch
Sat Apr 17 19:19:29 CEST 2004

The install tool doesn't find the imagemagick installation. It's located
at /usr/X11R6/bin/imagemagick-4.2.9. I also copied convert, combine and
identify to /usr/bin just to be sure.

As mentioned in the Basic Configuration if safe_mode is on
safe_mode_exec_dir should be set to /usr/bin/.

My etc/httpd/php.ini has the following values:

safe_mode = On
safe_mode_exec_dir = /usr/bin/

My etc/httpd/httpd.conf:

## CONFIXX
<Directory "/var/www/confixx/html">
  AllowOverride all
</Directory>

Include /etc/httpd/confixx_mhost.conf

<Directory /var/www/*/html>
    AllowOverride All
    Options +FollowSymLinks +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
    PHP_ADMIN_VALUE open_basedir /
    PHP_ADMIN_FLAG allow_url_fopen On
    PHP_ADMIN_VALUE safe_mode_exec_dir /usr/bin/
</Directory>
# ^- Dieser Eintrag sollte unbedingt am Ende der Datei bleiben
## /CONFIXX

php_admin_flag safe_mode Off
###

As you can see I run confixx (3.0 pro)

My etc/httpd/confixx_mhost.conf:

php_admin_value safe_mode Off
Include /etc/httpd/confixx_vhost.conf

And finally the ect/httpd/confixx_vhost.conf:

php_admin_flag safe_mode On
php_admin_value safe_mode_exec_dir /var/www/web10/

The entries in confixx_vhost.conf are the same for each VirtualHost
(web1, web2, web3 etc.)

phpinfo() outputs the following:

Local Value
safe_mode	         On
safe_mode_exec_dir	/var/www/web1/

Master Value
safe_mode	Off
safe_mode_exec_dir	no value

I am confused about the on and off of safe mode. When I try to change
the settings nothing really seems to change. And, what is the local
value and what is the master value.

I just wonder where I have to set the safe_mode_exec_dir so imagemagick
is recognized. I am also not sure if I am allowed to change
confixx_mhost.conf and confixx_vhost.conf (they are set to read-only). I
guess they are written by Confixx automatically so that changes would be
overwritten.

Does anyone have an idea what I can do about it?

Any help is appreciated.

Jean-Marie