[Typo3-debian] MySQL connection error while trying to install TYPO3

Edelhard Becker typo3 at edelhard.de
Wed Sep 3 12:00:37 CEST 2003

Hi Michael,

On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 09:21:09PM +0200, Michael Stucki wrote:
> Dear Edelhard,
>
> So can we say that TYPO3 will run on Woody and Sid (at least now) but still
> not on Sarge?

Woody: i didn't check it myself, but i'd say yes (if it help i could
do a user-mode-linux install into a clean pbuilder environment to be
sure, just drop me a note)

Sarge & Sid: IMHO we can never say "does [not] work on Sarge and/or
Sid, because the combination of package versions might change daily.
Both are "moving targets" and every apt-get upgrade might break
something.
Maybe we can say "can be configured to run on S&S by carefully
selecting the necessary packages", but then the question will arise
"So which versions do you recommend?" My list was a hint for Jordan
and may be a starting point, but there's no guarantee that it's
complete...

If anyone wants/has to run a Typo3 production Site on an unstable or
testing system (for whatever reasons..) running a user-mode-linux
woody distribution may be a solution. With all those Megabytes needed
for T3 a few MBs for UML shouldn't be a big deal and the data incl.
the database could stay on the unstable host.

Greetings,
Edelhard
--
~