[Typo3-debian] MySQL connection error while trying to install TYPO3

Jordan van Bergen jordanvanbergen at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 2 14:16:16 CEST 2003

Hi Quentin / All,

> You may be on unstable or test. not woody-stable. check where 'apt' is
> getting its package lists from. seems typo3 has problems with libgd on an
> unstable install [or vice versa]. not saying this is definately your issue
> but i reckognise your errors - had a similar problem.  if you are on
> unstable you have to do a complete rollback to stable [woody], which will
no
> doubt flag up other problems in your system afterwards, so good luck.

/etc/debian_version
testing/unstable

SHIT! ;-) LOL. So this is why I have the problems I mentioned before. Nobody
got GD2 working on a testing/unstable version? And how do I rollback to GD1
on an testing/unstable version as I'm not going to perform a full rollback
on the production server with more than 10 websites using different setups
(MySQL, postgrep, posix etc etc). If I get GD1 working okay do I have to
change something to Typo3 to make use of GD1?

> and to anyone thats helped me: guys i fixed all probs, runs nice thanks,
I'm
> most pleased.

I'm pleased everyone is taking the time to answer all the questions people
are having about linux/typo3. So Quentin thanks to you too! now I know what
is causing my problems. I'm going to look into this to see if I'm able to
get GD2 on the testing/unstable version running. If I'm able to do this I
will let you all know. If you all say don't do it as it just won't then tell
me please as i'm going to put some effort and TIME in it........

Regards
Jordan van Bergen
jordanvanbergen at hotmail.com